Friday, February 25, 2011

Christchurch!

So, all the talk around here is about Christchurch. And with good reason. Those poor poor souls are doing it hard after another devasting earthquake where the death toll is rising by the hour. I'm feeling a little helpless up here in Auckland, but I have seen some great fundraising ideas around and I'm planning to be involved in a few of them if I can.

The first is Walk 4 CHCH, which is being organised by my friend Gail, who I've mentioned on here before. Blogger extraordinaire. I'm not actually going to be able to walk it as I'll be 21 weeks pregnant by then, but I'll definately be sponsoring and I'm trying to help get the word out so that more people can join in.

The second is Handmade for Christchurch. They don't know this yet, but I plan to donate something from Harpsters to this auction - just gotta figure out what. Perhaps some baby shoes? Any suggestions? And again I'm spreading the word.

And the third is one I've seen on a couple of blogs recently - Softies for the Children of Christchurch. As Harpsters are not exactly softies, I'm going to have a go at making something new for this ... and you never know - if people love it, I may start making more to sell sometime.

I'll come and add an update and some pics once I have my things made, so keep watching this space.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for joining in with the Softies, the response has been amazing.
    Its so awesome the great things we can get involved with to support our fellow NZers. Im also planning to sponsor the walk and thinking of what I can contribute to the Handmade for Christchurch appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, Leonie - you are getting the messages - there are so many! Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, you are too cool - I'm only just catching this now cause I saw your post on FB about slowing the pace down. Thanks for plugging this. i will be keeping more of an eye on here while in China. Can't wait to see more of your posts and pics of the newbie!!xxx

    ReplyDelete